FMT Voter Fund
Our generation has big dreams for Montana — and we know these dreams won’t become a reality unless we elect the right people to the right office. That’s why Forward Montana Voter Fund elects candidates that reflect young Montanans’ values, experiences, and vision for our state.
The Forward Montana Political Committee, a committee of young Montanans, prioritizes candidates for endorsement based on the following questions:
- Does the candidate reflect the values & experiences of young people (bonus points if they are a young person)?
- Does this candidate hold an under-represented or historically disenfranchised identity?
- Does the candidate advocate & champion the issues that matter & affect young people?
- Does the candidate represent a district with a high density of young people?
- Will our endorsement actually make a difference for the candidate?
Our Political Committee takes endorsements seriously working throughout the year to send out questionnaires, meet with candidates, and identify candidates who fit the criteria above — that’s why we’re so proud to introduce our 2019 slate of endorsements.
These candidates have first-hand knowledge of what it means to make ends meet in the Magic City and they’re ready to fight for a Billings where we can all thrive.
We’ve endorsed them because they are passionate about:
- A local economy where young people can afford to live & work in Billings’ City Center and downtown.
- Policies that ensure the dignity, respect, & safety of our LGBTQ+ friends & neighbors.
- Increased public safety by addressing the root causes of crime.
- Doing all we can to address our changing climate at the local level.
Plus, they’re running grassroots campaigns — knocking doors, recruiting volunteers, and having 1000’s of important conversations about the future of Billings with our neighbors.
Billings City Council Ward 1
Billings City Council Ward 3
Billings City Council Ward 4
FMT Political Committee Members
Anna Lucas, Billings
Brenna Davis, Missoula
Garrett Lankford, Great Falls & Helena
Leah Berry, Committee Chair, Billings
Matt Kelly, Bozeman
Learn more about our board members here.