We are so excited to announce Forward Montana’s Billings LGBTQ2S+ community survey! We have been hard at work over the last few months building out a survey for the Billings LGBTQ2S+ community and here’s why:
While Billings has a vibrant queer community, we know there are big gaps in services, city and school policies and in community resources and care. We hope to survey the queer community of Billings to further identify not only those gaps and issues folks are facing, but also the places where folks DO feel safe, seen and heard so we can continue to build out those spaces to make Billings a more welcoming and safe place for all of us.
The survey will be open from March 15th to September 15th 2023. We’ll have local gift card giveaways throughout the process and we welcome anyone who would like to participate online, on paper or even in person in the form of an interview. Please take the survey yourself, pass it on to friends, family, classmates and coworkers and reach out to us with any questions!
Forward Montana will work with partners like 406 Pride, Rainbow Coffeehouse and the Chamber of Commerce to assess the results and build out a comprehensive report to present to city leaders, school officials, business owners and more to start a robust conversation about changes we can make in Billings and to celebrate the spaces where folks do feel safe, joyful and welcome! We dream of a Billings that is welcoming, safe and a place where everyone can thrive and find joy. We don’t think that dream is impossible and with your help, we can get closer to it together.
- How long will the survey take to fill out?
- The survey takes about 30-45 minutes depending on which sections you opt into.
- Who can take this survey?
- Any queer person who currently lives or HAS lived in Billings in the past is welcome to take the survey!
- What if I do not identify as LGBTQ2S+?
- A welcoming community is important to all of us, so we welcome parents, guardians and allies to take the survey. You’ll be directed to the section for you!
- Do I have to answer every question?
- Every question in the survey is optional so folks can pick and choose the sections that best fits them and can avoid any questions they don’t want to answer.
- Do I have to use my name and contact information?
- While capturing demographic and contact information is helpful to us, anyone can take the survey anonymously if they wish as no information is required.
Thank you for participating in our survey, at the end of the survey you can enter to be in a weekly gift card giveaway!