Do you love democracy? talking to strangers? making strangers love democracy? WELL DO WE HAVE THE JOB FOR YOU!
Forward Montana seeks a part time field organizer (20 hours a week) to oversee our Bozeman field efforts, coordinate volunteer and intern field hours, and ensure field goals are met. This Organizer Extraordinaire will spend the majority of their time taking the talk and walking the walk of democracy by mobilizing young people in the field! During their time in the office, they need to be organized and on point to ensure that every form is turned in, every volunteer is thanked and every metric is met.
Get the deets below:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and participate in the collection of Because Student Debt Cards
- Coordinate and participate in the collection of Voter Registration Forms
- Recruit, train and retain volunteers
- Oversee the fulfillment of intern field hours
- Oversee quality control and turning in of voter registration forms
- Attend most, if not all, Forward Montana events
- Passion for progressive politics in Montana
- Exceptional communication skills
- Some experience in community organizing and fieldwork necessary
- Able to talk to strangers
- Able to work weekends and evenings
- Comfortable in costume
- Team Player
- Self motivated and driven
- Field hours will be completed outside of the office throughout the week and potentially during weekends and evening hours in all weather conditions
- Shared office with Forward Montana Bozeman director
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hour periods
- Bozeman Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that interns complete their field hour requirements.
Submit a cover letter & resume to Kiah Abbey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct all questions & inquiries to Kiah Abbey as well at email@example.com or 406-672-8004.
LSD, Public Lands & Free Food, OH MY!
The newest episode of 2legit with Team Montana.
You can get more information about anything that excites you in this episode by visiting the 2Legit with Team Montana webpage.
2Legit Episode 5
Wanna know more about…
BIG THANKS to the ACLU of Montana, Montana Human Rights Network, Big Sky Pride, Montana Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence, Pride Foundation, NCBI Missoula, MSU Sustained Dialogue, and the Human Rights Campaign for making the Equality in Montana: Lobby Day & Teach In!
Share the 2Legit Info-Grafik: MT Student Debt
Watch the newest episode of 2Legit with Team Montana
- The majority of these statistics came from Montana Organizing Project’s Mountains of Debt report. If they were not sources from this publication, we’ve included them below.
- Tuition Raise
- Decrease in State Contributions
- Average monthly loan payment
2Legit with Team Montana Episode 4
Wanna know more about…
Wanna attend the Equality in Montana: Lobby Day & Teach In?
Wanna follow Garrett Lankford on Twitter? Tweets by @garrettlank
2Legit with Team Montana Episode 3
Wanna know more about…
Get more information about the State of the State here.
Wanna get 2Legit updates faster than all your friends? Sign up for the Team Montana listserv.
Wanna know more about…
Also, get involved! Here’s how to contact your legislator:
The world premiere of 2Legit with Team Montana.
What happens in the hallowed halls of Helena has an enormous impact on the young people of Montana. Find out the scoop and keep your legislators accountable by tuning in each week for legislative news and political satire made by young people for young people. Each week 2Legit will debut at 5pm on Tuesday.
If you want to get 2Legit fist, sign up to be part of Team Montana.
Job Description: Full-time Development Director
Location: Missoula, Montana
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
Start Date: Mid-February 2015
Do you love raising money for progressive change? Like, really love it? Want to spend your days working to move Montana forward and participating in the occasional dance party? Then check out the job posting below and join the team at Forward Montana!
Forward Montana (FMT) seeks a Development Director to oversee all elements of our fundraising. This position is responsible for FMT’s major donor program, institutional donor work and grant applications, major fundraising events, and the monthly membership ROCKSTAR program.
The Development Director will work directly with the CEO and will be responsible for the following duties/tasks:
Planning, Management, and Tracking
- Work closely with the ED to strategically develop, manage, and implement an annual fundraising plan.
- Engage program staff, administrative staff, and board in fundraising, including training, scheduling, and debriefing; create, track, record, and hold team accountable to fundraising goals.
- Manage donor tracking systems including but not limited to member and supporter lists, online donation, and ROCKSTAR monthly membership processing.
- Develop and distribute, with assistance from staff and CEO, materials, both hard copy and online, to showcase the awesomeness that is FMT. This includes building organization’s profile through traditional and new media strategies.
- Conduct research on donors, potential funders, foundations, and other development opportunities.
- Identify and inform CEO of innovative ways to diversify revenue streams in order to maintain organizational health.
- Develop and grow major and mid-major individual donor program.
- Create and implement donor acknowledgement and thank you’s.
Foundations and grants
- Assist in identification and development of grants, materials, and reports.
- Direct all aspects of a robust member program (ROCKSTARs), including maintenance and communication with current members as well as recruitment of new members through one-on-ones, events, distributing recruitment materials and other innovative tactics.
- Plan and manage FMT events including but not limited to a summer fundraising event, 6-8 Progressive Happy Hours, and the ROCKSTAR Hall of Fame.
- Work with CEO to plan annual board retreat.
- Establish solid, mutually-beneficial relationships on behalf of FMT with community leaders, elected officials, and various other stakeholders.
- Support and participate in FMT’s voter engagement work.
This position requires a diverse skill set and the personality to take initiative and drive others’ focus. The single most important characteristic we seek is a strong desire to raise funds for Forward Montana: you must enjoy asking people for money for an organization that does great things. In addition, we are seeking an individual with the following skills/characteristics:
- Exceptional writer: Proficient, articulate, and occasionally witty writer that is able to wear a variety of different writing “hats.”
- Friendly& well-spoken with the ability to adapt well to any audience.
- Creative and open-minded: interested in thinking up new ways of doing things. Open to creating and considering ideas that initially sound a little bit crazy.
- Strategic thinker & proactive problem-solver: must have an inquisitive mind that is constantly analyzing processes, planning improvements, and seeking solutions.
- Organized & detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic campaign environment: must be comfortable working some nights and weekends, long hours during campaign season, and traveling around Montana
Previous fundraising experience at a nonprofit or with an electoral campaign is strongly preferred. Strong candidates without fundraising will still be considered.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Forward Montana’s CEO, Kayje Booker, at firstname.lastname@example.org.