Voter Registration Organizers
December 10, 2019
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana Foundation and Forward Montana (FMT) are dedicated to educating, engaging, and organizing young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of their fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our offices in Missoula and Bozeman, and Billings.
We’re hiring Voter Registration Organizers who will lead our voter registration efforts in Bozeman, Missoula, & Billings. We’re looking for a creative field enthusiast ready to conduct voter registration on campus and in the community alike. In addition to coordinating and managing field efforts, Organizers will be responsible for recruiting volunteers, hitting metrics, and process voter registration (eg. data entry & quality control). Applicants should have initiative and be self-reliant and have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities.
- Must meet metric goals around both voter registration and issue advocacy in the field.
- Identify creative locations to gather voter registration that reaches our target constituency, Montanans ages 18-34.
- Provide proper training and support to interns and volunteers conducting voter registration. This includes, but is not limited to, keeping organized field schedules of volunteers and interns.
- Manage all parts of processing voter registration from collection to quality control to data entry
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for grassroots organizing and building youth power, especially field work
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by the deadline
- Demonstrated perseverance & creativity to hit metric goals
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience, either professional or voluntary, with field work
- Comfort with frequent change and urgency
- Familiarity with your community’s campus & relationships with student groups and organizations
Strong Applicants will be:
- A Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Shared office with regional field team
- Comfortable conducting fieldwork, including tabling, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 4 hours at a time, often in a stationary position
- Occasional work on nights and weekends
- Some travel may be required
- Compensation: $12.00-$14.00 per hour for up to 20 hours per week
- Contract length: Jan. 10th to May. 10th, 2020
- Location: Bozeman, Missoula, & Billings
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: please submit a cover letter that addresses why building youth power through voter registration is important & a resume to the appropriate regional Field Manager:
Missoula: Erin Miller, email@example.com
Bozeman: Emma Bode, firstname.lastname@example.org
Billings: Michael Nelson, email@example.com