Statewide Field Organizer
July 9, 2019
Job Title: Statewide Field Organizer
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Start Date: August 25
End Date: November 10
Reports To: Program Director
Position Status: Full-time, exempt, temporary
Hours/Week: 40 hours/week
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana and Forward Montana Foundation (FMT) are dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to shape their democracy and to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
FMT is seeking a statewide Field Organizer to build relationships, scale our programs, and traverse Montana registering university students from Dillon to Havre. The Statewide Field Manager will coordinate and implement FMF’s annual campus tour slinging clipboards and doing class raps at campuses across Montana and work closely with our regional field teams to scale our civic and political programming to communities outside of Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings. Applicants must be self-reliant, take initiative, love road trips, and have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities.
- Program Implementation: Responsible for meeting program goals set in coordination with the Program Director through canvassing, street teaming, tabling, and class raps; Should be metric driven and comfortable conducting field hours for 6 to 8 hours at a time.
- Relationship Building: Must be invested in building the power and capacity of both young Montanans and FMF; Responsible for representing FMF’s brand to long time supporters and folks new to the organization; Responsible for starting and/or deepening relationships with campus administrators, educators, and student leaders; Will host small supporter at local eateries, breweries, and private homes in each community.
- Admin & Management: Responsible for organizing, conducting quality control, and turning in all voter registration forms to the appropriate county offices; Must be organized and trustworthy.
Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for grassroots organizing and building youth power, including field work
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including peers, community partners, volunteers, donors, and elected officials; Must be able to effectively communicate with a remote supervisor
- Ability to stay productive and focused while traveling
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets:
Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience in planning successful events and meetings
- Demonstrated ability for proactive thinking
- Comfort with frequent change and urgency
Strong Applications will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Field hours will be completed in all weather conditions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record (FMF can provide a rental car if applicant is over 25 years old)
- Comfortable conducting field work, including voter registration, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 6 hours at a time, often in a stationary position
- Will have to work some nights and weekends
Compensation is $29,000-$32,000 per year DOE. Travel is required for this position.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Amara Reese-Hansell, Program Director, at email@example.com with the subject line “Statewide Field Organizer”.