June 10, 2019
Job Description: Operations Coordinator
Position Status: Part-time, 20 hours/week, flexible
Location: Missoula, Montana
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline: Position will be open until filled.
Pay Rate: $14-$15/hour DOE, IRA offered
Forward MT Foundation (FMF): We educate, engage, and organize young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans.
Forward Montana (FMT): We build political power with and for young Montanans by driving a culture of civic engagement, and electing leaders and passing policies that are representative of the needs and vision of our generation.
Forward MT Foundation and Forward Montana seek an Operations Coordinator to manage offices, administrative duties, financial duties, human resources, and grant tracking. The Operations Coordinator will work directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for the following duties/tasks:
- Coordinate and oversee the day-to-day management of supplies, equipment, and facilities for the organization
- Maintain files and records with effective filing systems
- Monitor office expenditures and handle all office contracts (rent, service, other vendors etc.)
Administration & Human Resources
- Spearhead administrative tasks and compliance, including insurance and annual filings
- Expense reports and time sheets
- Quickbooks duties, including printing and depositing checks
- Insurance, credit card, and hiring management
- Board support, including paperwork and material preparation
- Logistical planning of annual board and staff retreat
- Financial tracking and revenue updates
- Financial tracking of grants and MOUs
- Political financial reporting
- Financial analysis
- Support and participate in key programmatic events, campaigns, and regular meetings
- Support in fundraising activities
Gotta-have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Deadline and detailed oriented: able to manage and prioritize tasks, details, and timelines without much oversight.
- Capacity to learn new information: understands and implements new processes after training.
- Basic understanding of budgets and financial analysis: tracks and manages budgets, as well as provides insight to where actuals differ from budgeted expenses.
- A problem-solver: thinks ahead, troubleshoots potential problems, seeks solutions, and helps the team meet their goals.
- Reliable: consistently performs duties, communicates challenges, and follows-through on projects.
- LOVES Forward Montana: believes in the power of young people coming together to change the world and their local community.
Nice-to-have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- QuickBooks experience
- Financial/accounting experience
- Understanding of time sheets, expense reports, insurance, taxes
- Political reporting experience
*Administrative, office, or financial experience is preferred but not necessary. An ideal candidate is a well-organized, problem solver who is attentive to detail, and can quickly learn new processes.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. All ages are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Rachel Huff-Doria at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Operations Coordinator Application”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.