Digital Communications Coordinator
October 2, 2020
Forward Montana (FMT) and Forward Montana Foundation (FMF) are dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to help shape their democracy and to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our three offices in Missoula, Bozeman, and Billings.
The Digital Communications Coordinator will work directly with the Digital Communications Manager to manage and execute communications-based goals and campaigns in accordance with Forward Montana’s digital communication strategy. Applicants should take initiative, be self-reliant, have a knack for writing and creativity, and hold a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities.
- Social Media Management: Manage social media platforms day-to-day and post the agreed upon content to platforms, in accordance with the digital communications strategy.
Monitor platform comments and engagement and moderate any giveaways or other engagement-based projects.
- Website Maintenance: Responsible for updating the website.
- Manage and embed forms from EveryAction (our email service platform)
- Manage website content, including staff information and job postings
- Email Campaign Execution: Manage email campaigns in EveryAction and create recipient audiences relevant to various campaign goals.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Experience in communications, public relations, digital organizing, campaigns, or a related field
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of initiative
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by communicated deadlines
- An understanding and desire to implement diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice frameworks in all aspects of work
- Quirky and funny (both broadly defined) and comfortable communicating with the Forward Montana tone and voice on social media platforms
- Familiarity with managing a Facebook page and/or Instagram account
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing a social media strategy
- Demonstrated ability for proactive thinking and a comfort with frequent change and urgency
- Familiarity with WordPress, Canva, EveryAction
- Familiarity with Facebook Ads & Business Manager
Strong Applicants will be:
- A Team Player
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Self Motivated
- Working from home, at least through the end of the year, due to COVID-19 precautions
- Compensation: $15 / per hour for up to 20 hours per week
- Contract length: ASAP – April 30th
- Location: Position is remotely located, applicants need to live in Montana
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: please submit a cover letter & a resume to Trista Fery, Digital Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with the line Digital Communications Coordinator.