June 10, 2019
Job Description: Development Manager
Position Status: Full-time, exempt, regular (anticipated ~40 hours a week)
Location: Montana (specific town/city is flexible)
Position Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $30,000- 36,000, DOE with health benefits, IRA offered
Forward MT Foundation (FMF): We educate, engage, and organize young Montanans to shape their democracy to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans.
Forward Montana (FMT): We build political power with and for young Montanans by driving a culture of civic engagement, and electing leaders and passing policies that are representative of the needs and vision of our generation.
Forward Montana/Forward Montana Foundation seek a Development Manager for grant management, communication management, database management, special event management, and board support.
The Development Manager will work directly with the Executive Director and will be responsible for creating and leading the implementation of an organizational annual development plan, including:
Donor Management — 25%
- Donor research, cultivation and relationship management
- Providing analysis on retention strategy
- Following up on fundraising commitments
- Delegating and assigning asks and stewardship opportunities to Executive Director, Deputy Director, Board of Directors, and other key staff
- Managing the ROCKSTAR monthly donor program
- Coordinating the thank you process
- Planning and managing twice yearly appeals
Special Event Management — 25%
- Coordinating full logistics and fundraising for the Williams’ Effect and Rockstar Hall of Fame events
- Planning and managing fundraising special campaigns, including Give Days, Rockstar Rush, and Thanking Tuesday
- Leading staff and board in logistics for house parties and other development and outreach events
Grants Management –25%
- Researching new institutional funding opportunities
- Maintaining up-to-date grants calendar
- Drafting and submitting all LOIs, grant applications, and grant reports
- Communicating and coordinating with staff on specific grant requirements, measurables, and reporting standards
Communication Management — 20%
- Supporting the Deputy Director in the creation of a strategic communication plan; managing the communication plan
- Drafting all FMT/FMF email communications, including action alerts, except for those reserved for designated staff
- Monitoring and analyzing communications metrics (open rates, click-throughs, etc)
- Maintaining the Forward Montana/Forward Montana Foundation websites and blogs
- Managing the EveryAction donor/supporter database
Other duties — 5%
- Supporting and participating in key programmatic events, campaigns, and regular meetings
- Executing basic administration tasks, including timesheets and expense reports
Gotta-Have Skillsets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Generates enthusiasm, investment & fundraising results from staff, board, and volunteers
- Communicates FMT’s mission, vision and values with excitement and clarity through written, verbal, and online communication
- Understands the importance of setting and reaching small goals while keeping a broader vision in mind
- Independently manages, prioritizes, and completes multiple tasks and projects accurately and on time
- Believes in the power of young people coming together to change the world and their local community
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience working with the EveryAction database
- Experience with event planning
- Experience with fundraising and donor management
- Experience with digital and traditional media
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply. All ages are encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Rachel Huff-Doria at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager Application” in the title line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.