Bozeman Field Manager
June 14, 2018
Because you believe in a Montana that believes in you.
Forward Montana (FMT) is dedicated to engaging and mobilizing young Montanans to help shape their democracy and to improve their lives and the lives of fellow Montanans. We put young people on the front lines of civic engagement statewide, basing our efforts out of our two offices in Missoula and Bozeman, and our satellite branch in Billings.
Forward Montana and Forward Montana Foundation are seeking a Field Manager in Bozeman, MT. The Field Manager will lead our grassroots campaigns, and direct our voter engagement, leadership development program, and issue advocacy work in the Bozeman area. Applicants should have initiative and be self-reliant, and have a passion for making real, tangible change in their communities. The Field Manager will split time between our political and civic projects and will be responsible for running the Bozeman program under the supervision of the Deputy Director in Missoula, and within the statewide strategy of Forward Montana and Forward Montana Foundation.
- Program Implementation: Responsible for meeting voter registration, voter mobilization and issue advocacy metrics, often requiring creative, strategic modes and methods. Should not be afraid to hold a clipboard, talk to strangers, and occasionally wear costumes.
- Relationship Building: Responsible for building and deepening relationships with Bozeman donors, partners, members, elected officials, and volunteers. Requires not only getting supporters and volunteers to show up, but also helping them both grow as community leaders and strengthen their investment in FMT. Must be invested in building the skill sets, networks and power of both young Montanans and allies of young Montanans.
- Leadership Development: Responsible for the management and implementation of FMT’s grassroots organizing internship. This includes both field training and classroom sessions. Must be comfortable with managing and training peers.
- Admin & Management: Responsible for management and development of all Bozeman field staff including, but not limited to, field fellows, field organizers, and interns. Responsible for cleaning, stocking and organizing the Bozeman office.
Gotta-Have Skill Sets: Must be present for a candidate to move forward in the hiring process.
- Passion for grassroots organizing and building youth power, including field work
- Ability to independently manage and complete multiple tasks and projects accurately and by deadline
- Demonstrated ability to manage and empower a diverse team of peers at varying levels of experience to achieve necessary metrics and qualitative outcomes
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of stakeholders, including community partners, volunteers, donors, and elected officials
Nice-to-Have Skill Sets: Not required, but having these skills would make a candidate’s transition into the job more seamless for the individual and the organization.
- Experience creating and maintaining accurate databases, including VAN and NGP
- Experience in planning and facilitating successful, goal oriented meetings
- Demonstrated ability for proactive thinking
- Comfort with frequent change and urgency
Strong applicants will be:
- Team Player
- Self Motivated
- Funny (broadly defined)
- Cool (broadly defined)
- Field hours will be completed in all weather conditions
- Shared office with Bozeman Field Organizer, Field Fellows and Interns
- Comfortable conducting field work, including voter registration, canvassing, and street teaming, for up to 4 hours at a time, often in a stationary position
- Will have to work some nights and weekends
- Compensation: $27,000 to $31,000 per year depending on experience.
- Benefits: FMT offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, professional development funds, and generous paid time off, including paid family and medical leave.
- Location: This is a full time position based out of the FMT’s Bozeman, MT office.
- Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Start Date: By August 1, 2018
- Bozeman Field Manager will be responsible for managing the Bozeman Field Organizer, Field Fellows, and interns.
Women, people of color, individuals with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to Rachel Huff-Doria, Executive Director, at Rachel@forwardmontana.org with the email line “Field Manager Application”.