Founded in 2004, Forward Montana started as a small group of college students who faced some big challenges when it came to the political process and has become the leading voice for young people in Montana.
- Ballots are confusing and the long list of candidates and issues can be scary for first time voters.
- The voter registration process excludes young people who move frequently and have yet to develop the habit of voting.
- Politics exclude young people. It’s boring, unattractive, and not fun.
- We train young people. From how to organize other young people to theimportance of voting and how issues and candidates affect our lives.
- We mobilize young people. The best way to talk to young people is with other young people. We mobilize hundreds of volunteers throughout the state of Montana to talk to constituents about the issues that affect them the most.
- We elect young people. We support progressive candidates and issues that will have a positive impact on the next generation of Montanans.
We believe in the 6 E’s.
- Equal rights
- Environmental protection
- Election reform
- Economic strength and fairness
- ‘ealth care
Whether you want to dip your toe in the political pool or do a wicked cannon ball we want you to join us.
We are building opportunities for our generation to have a loud and clear voice on the issues we care about. How about you?
Now that you know a bit about the organization find out about the people that make it possible.
Check out our people!
Forward Montana is also a proud member of the BUS FEDERATION a group of state wide organizations bound together in their commitment to the 6 E’s and electing the next generation of progressive leaders.
For the lawyers in the crowd, Forward Montana is a registered 501(c)(4) nonprofit. We also are affiliated with Forward MT Voter Fund and Forward Montana Foundation. For the record.